About Los Angeles Vision Institute
Our mission is to deliver the finest, most cost effective health care available.
Following a thorough evaluation, you and our doctor will decide upon the proper plan for treatment. We will discuss the risks, benefits and alternatives for every option. We will coordinate your care with your primary care physician. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by telephone and e-mail, with office hours Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
In The News
Dr. Macy and Dr. Knezevic have been regularly awarded recognition on a local, regional, and national scale including Top Doctors by Los Angeles Magazine, Southern California SuperDoctors, and Castle Connolly Top Doctors.
Senior Honor Award
On Friday, May 30, 2008. Dr. Jonathan Macy was given the Senior Honor Award from the Jules Stein Eye Institute of UCLA, by Bartley J. Mondino, M.D., Chair of the Department of Ophthalmology. The award was presented during the Jules Stein Eye Institute Clinical and Research Seminar. Dr. Macy has been on the voluntary faculty at UCLA since 1981.
Distinguished Alumnus Award
On Saturday, June 14, 2008, Dr. Jonathan Macy was selected for the Distinguished Alumnus Award from the Doheny Eye Institute and University of Southern California Department of Ophthalmology. Dr. Ronald Smith, Chair of the Department of Ophthalmology, presented the award at a dinner during the 39th Annual Doheny Days Conference.
Corneal Donor Study
105 surgeons at 80 locations (including the Los Angeles Vision Institute) across the country have participated in determining the role of donor age in the efficacy of corneal donor tissue used in transplants. The rationale for the study was the limited availability of donor tissue for corneal transplant and inconclusive data on the suitability of older tissue for corneal transplant. The study enrolled more than 1000 patients between 2000 and 2002. Patients were selected with sufficient corneal disease to need corneal transplantation. Donor tissue was analyzed in two groups, based on donors less than and greater than 66 years of age. The authors recently reported that the 5 year graft success was similar for both age groups. This information should have a positive influence on the availability of corneal donor tissue throughout the world. The study is being extended to evaluate the 10 year graft success of both groups.
- No down payment required
- No annual fee or membership fee
- Variable interest rates depending on duration of credit line and credit score
- LASIK may be paid with monthly payments less than $100 per month (about $3 per day)
- Cash - includes money orders and personal checks
- Credit Cards - Visa, Mastercard, and American Express are welcome
- Financing – Vision Fee Plan offers a line of credit to cover your needs with plans specifically designed for LASIK. They can establish a credit line for you via the internet at www.visionfeeplan.com or by telephone at 1-877-837-2272. Approval usually takes less than 10 minutes. Several repayment options are available according to your personal needs.